Knit your own mermaid tail blanket with this easy-to-follow knitting pattern designed by Angie Hartley. After purchase, this pattern will be immediately available for you to download and use. There will be a link to download on the order confirmation page and also in the confirmation email.
The pattern has both metric and US measurements so that it can easily be followed by our friends around the world.
You will receive instructions for both of these styles:
- Lapghan (lap blanket): Has a slit in the back for easy removal. This style can be tucked around the thighs for a cocoon fit. (The lapghan style is demonstrated by the purple mermaid blanket displayed in the photos.)
- Cocoon style: Completely knitted around. This style does not have a slit in the back. To use it, you slide your feet in from the top like a sleeping bag. (The cocoon style is demonstrated by the light blue mermaid blanket displayed in the photos.)
- Caron Simply Soft Blue Mint (Details on Amazon United States, United Kingdom) or any other light worsted or DK yarn, about 6 ounces/180 grams/300 yards/280 meters (Green or purple is a better color to use, if you plan to photograph on a blue “watery” background.)
- US Size 8 (5 mm) circular knitting needle, 16 inches long, or size needed to achieve gauge (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
- A set of double-pointed needles in the same size (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
Large-eye yarn sewing needle (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
(The links to materials above are Amazon affiliate links. We get a small commission if you buy your materials through the links. We only link to materials that we highly recommend and use ourselves.)
After purchase, this pattern will be immediately available for you to download.
The designer's contact information is listed on the pattern in case you have any questions.
Knitting pattern designed by Angie Hartley. All rights reserved. Copyright 2015.