Knit your own mermaid tail blanket with this easy-to-follow knitting pattern designed by Angie Hartley. After purchase, the pattern will be immediately available for you to download and use. There will be a link to download on the order confirmation page and also in the confirmation email.
The pattern has both metric and US measurements so that it can easily be followed by our friends around the world.
The pattern includes two style options and five size options.
You will receive instructions for both of these styles:
- Lapghan (lap blanket): Has a slit in the back for easy removal. This style can be tucked around the thighs for a cocoon fit. It is made by knitting back-and-forth. (The lapghan style is demonstrated in the photo with one model.)
- Cocoon style: Completely knitted around. This style does not have a slit in the back. To use it, you slide your feet in from the top like a sleeping bag. It is made by knitting in-the-round. (The cocoon style is demonstrated in the photo with two models.)
The sizes included are:
- Light worsted or DK yarn. Caron Simply Soft (Details on Amazon: United States, United Kingdom) and Red Heart Soft (Details on Amazon: United States, United Kingdom) have been tested, and are recommended. Small and Medium Sizes: Approximately 30 ounces/850 grams/1575 yards/1440 meters. 2 strands of worsted or DK are to be held together throughout the entire pattern. The yardage given is for the total yarn needed, not for each strand if working with two colors. Small and Medium Sizes: Approximately 30 ounces/850 grams/1575 yards/1440 meters Large and Extra Large Sizes: Approximately 36 ounces/1020 grams/1890 yards/1728 meters
- US Size 11 (8 mm) circular knitting needle, 29 inches long (74 cm), or size needed to achieve gauge (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
- US Size 11 (8mm) circular needle, 16 inches long (40 cm) (optional), for the in-the-round version only (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
- US Size 11 (8mm) set of double-pointed needles. The 8-inch length is best. Only needed for the in-the-round version. (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
- 1 or 2 stitch markers - Knotted loops of yarn in a bright, contrasting color work great.
Large-eye yarn sewing needle (Recommended needle: United States, United Kingdom)
(The links to materials above are Amazon affiliate links. We get a small commission if you buy your materials through the links. We only link to materials that we highly recommend and use ourselves.)
After purchase, this pattern will be immediately available for you to download.
The designer's contact information is listed on the pattern in case you have any questions.
Knitting pattern designed by Angie Hartley. All rights reserved. Copyright 2015.